Saturday, August 28, 2010

Generic Indie Music

I love music.  I love indie music, but so much of the indie music scene, while good, is boring - put me to sleep boring.  There is a time for that music and I appreciate it, but why would anyone just listen to that and nothing else?  Generic indie music seems to lack the variety and flair that makes music so interesting.

Interesting at least to me.  That is why I still listen to Top 40.  It's catchy and keeps the eyes open.

I'll listen to your indie music because its good, but if given a choice you'll probably find me listening to hip hop or something with a little electronica tossed in.*

*Said hip hop and electronica usually fall under the umbrella terms of alternative or indie (since it now apparently refers to everything).

No comments:

Post a Comment